Ok, folks. You have a wife, mother, sister or aunt to shop for and have no clue what to get. You want something useful… or significant… or memorable… or fun. But you don’t know what she wants.
I do. You see, I am a wife, mother, sister and aunt. So here are my suggestions to help you choose the perfect gift for the woman in your life.
- Tickets to a concert, ballet, opera or symphony. Festival passes. Art show admissions.
- Salon gift card for mani-pedi, cut and colour, day of pampering.
- Brunch. With you.
- Gadgets – Samsung Note 2, iPad Mini, Kobo or Kindle.
- Skincare products – Be a detective: check out her vanity shelf for her favorite brands. Don’t just randomly pick a bunch of bath products. Instead, what’s her favourite skin regimen? I love Estee Lauder and Kiehl’s products – and you can find them on my vanity shelf.
- Charms and bracelets – if she collects Pandora, Thomas Sabo or Tiffany, choose a charm carefully and thoughtfully to reflect your special memories with her.
- Scarves – every woman loves a luxurious scarf. Indulge her with a Hermes or Chanel scarf.
- Small leathers – a beautiful wallet with matching key fob is a lovely gift. What colours does she wear predominantly in her wardrobe? Choose colours in small leathers to match or coordinate.
- Magazine or newspaper subscription – for the news hound in your life, choose magazines that reflect her special interests. Those who love politics may enjoy a subscription to the Globe and Mail, National Post, New York Times or Washington Post.
SOME GENERAL NOTES:
- Sue’s basic rule: if it plugs in, it’s a household item not a gift. (Gadgets notwithstanding) This is what women mean by “it’s the thought that counts.” Make it personal.
- Research the woman on your list. How? Does she have a Pinterest account? Polyvore? What does she talk about on Twitter or Facebook? Is there a shop she loves to frequent?
In other words, with just a little effort you can easily find special gifts for all the wonderful women in your life.