Late fall and the weather is getting crisp. After a summer of wearing bright dresses, must I now exchange them for dull, drab trousers?
While trousers have a role in a fall/winter wardrobe, the evolution of tights has made wearing dresses year-round easy. When I was in Paris recently, I noticed that many French women wear dresses and skirts to work, paired with chic tights and ankle booties or pumps. As the weather gets colder, tall boots come into play as a very sophisticated addition to the wardrobe.
Some tips for wearing tights:
- Black tights are always stylish. Many come in semi-opaque so they’re not too heavy.
- If you’re wearing pattered tights, make sure you account for the pattern when selecting your dress or skirt. A safe option is to wear a solid skirt with patterned tights so the overall effect is easy on the eyes.
- Coloured tights are also a great fashion statement. Again, consider your overall look when choosing coloured tights. Your legs are long so balance is key!
- Tights are not pants, nor are they leggings! If they have a gusset and feet, they’re tights and must be worn in the same way as pantyhose…with a dress or skirt.
- Tights and open-toed shoes? While some fashion-forward young women may be able to get away with this, for mature women, it doesn’t work. Stick to pumps or boots.
Enjoy the changing seasons!
This beautiful coat is one of many fabulous fashion finds at the stunning new Desigual store in West Edmonton Mall.
I joined other fashion enthusiasts at the media/blogger night June 4 that preceded the official grand opening.
< This black-and-white coat features gorgeous buttons!
Here’s what I love about Desigual:
- The colourful rainbow of colours that make up the prints and fashions.
- The lighthearted spirit that flows through the store and is furthered by the helpful staff
- The name (which is pronounced dez-ih-wall)
- Fashions for women, men and kids
- The incredible scarf collection, in beautiful hues and patterns
- The price points (under $100 for most dresses, under $45 for most scarves)
- The range of fashion that fits women of all ages – there really is something for everyone.
If you are near a Desigual store, do stop in. If you’re not, well there’s always online shopping desigual.com or see the store website: deestyle.ca
This beautiful olive jacket has amazing details, including faux snakeskin sleeves and braid details on the zipper placket. >